background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kid's Clothes Week Challenge Day Three and Sewing Pattern Sale

Today is day 3 of the Kids Clothes Week Challenge and since my children are still napping and my chicken n dumplins are going in the crock pot, I decided to take a quick break to blog about it. Today, I worked on the cardigan I am knitting for Caleb, sewed a pair of ruffle pants for Katie, and cut out a fleece hoodie for Caleb.

The pants are made using Hobby Lobby fabric and the pattern is Boutique Bottoms from Sew Sensible. Can I just say I LOVE this pattern! It is extremely easy and can be done so fast. I had these babies busted out in about 30 minutes with super cute results.

I made them to go with this top that I did last summer. It was a little big then, but will be perfect over these really cute long sleeve white t-shirts I found at Old Navy. They are basic T's, but they have little feminine details like gathering on the sleeve. The top is also made from Hobby Lobby fabric and the pattern is Faith Double Layer Dress Top also from Sew Sensible.

Here is the progress on Caleb's cardi:

 While I was reading through my Dashboard blog list, I came upon this post over at The Sewing Dork. She is giving away a super cute size 2T swing jacket made from the pattern by Dear My Kids. Dear My Kids has also teamed up with the Sewing Dork to offer patterns buy one, get one free. Well, of course I can't resist a good sale, so I popped over to the Etsy shop and bought 2 patterns and got 2 free! I need some good fall patterns that I can use for either a boy or a girl, and here is what I got. Head on over to the Sewing Dork for details!

For the vest, I will probably leave off the pocket and do a button or two for Caleb instead of the bow.

This coat will probably be made in corduroy- pink for Katie, navy for Caleb.

Got this one because ruffle pants on Caleb would be just wrong

And, lastly, this one is for Katie. I have a similar pattern I bought at Hancocks, but she's outgrown it and I love this look.




Tomorrow the plan is to whip up one of these hoodies in fleece. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment