background

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Big Sister Dress and Fairy Princess Costume



My baby girl, Katie, is going to be a big sister next month! In honor of that, today I whipped up this "Big Sister" pillowcase dress to match the "Big Sister" hair bow that I made a couple of months ago. I figured while I  was at it, I would throw a matching ruffle on her jeans that have suddenly gotten too short in the last week or so. The pattern from the pillowcase dress is from Whimsy Couture and the jeans I just figured out how to do on my own. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, and was, as always, 30% off. The stripe on the ruffle will match a lot of her clothes for the fall, and I thought a ruffle would be a great way to prolong the life of her little jeans.

 
 
My little cupcake, who I named my blog and my etsy shop after
 

I also finished her fairy princess costume for Halloween today. My baby is due Nov. 14, so I decided it was probably best to go ahead and get it finished just in case he decides to make an early appearance.  The bodysuit is one that we already had. I added the applique and the sparkles. I made the tutu with green and lavender spools of tulle and used the free instructions found at this website: http://www.goodhappenings.com/?p=798  The wings were purchased at Dollar Tree by my wonderful mom, and she will wear it with purple leggings and jelly shoes. I'm so excited!


 
.



2 comments: