Thursday, October 8, 2009

Big Sister Dress and Fairy Princess Costume

My baby girl, Katie, is going to be a big sister next month! In honor of that, today I whipped up this "Big Sister" pillowcase dress to match the "Big Sister" hair bow that I made a couple of months ago. I figured while I  was at it, I would throw a matching ruffle on her jeans that have suddenly gotten too short in the last week or so. The pattern from the pillowcase dress is from Whimsy Couture and the jeans I just figured out how to do on my own. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, and was, as always, 30% off. The stripe on the ruffle will match a lot of her clothes for the fall, and I thought a ruffle would be a great way to prolong the life of her little jeans.

My little cupcake, who I named my blog and my etsy shop after

I also finished her fairy princess costume for Halloween today. My baby is due Nov. 14, so I decided it was probably best to go ahead and get it finished just in case he decides to make an early appearance.  The bodysuit is one that we already had. I added the applique and the sparkles. I made the tutu with green and lavender spools of tulle and used the free instructions found at this website:  The wings were purchased at Dollar Tree by my wonderful mom, and she will wear it with purple leggings and jelly shoes. I'm so excited!



  1. You seriously amaze me!!! Yay for blogging:)

  2. Thanks girl! I am totally addicted now!