background

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Knot Dress

I have finally got little miss Katie's Christmas knot dress done... just in time for the anticipated photo with Santa that I am planning early next week. For this dress, I used a combination of three different knot dress patterns. Basically, I just picked what I liked best from each one and it became this combination:
The fabric for most of the dress is Christmas Groove by Caleb Gray available from Fabric Shoppe on Etsy. The cute little print that makes up the apron is from the Colorful Christmas Collection for Riley Blake and is also available from Fabric Shoppe. It was the 1.00 fat quarter special the week I ordered the Caleb Gray fabric for this dress and for the knot overalls I did for my cousin's girls. Jodi at Fabric Shoppe always has a 1.00 fat quarter special with any purchase every week and it is always super cute. I did the monogram using the Storybook Alphabet from Bunnycup Embroidery which was a steal at only 5.00 for the whole set! I used a combination of knot dress patterns from Whimsy CoutureLittle Lizard King, and Lori Lynn Designs.

I knitting news, check out this tiny sweater ornament I made for an ornament exchange I am going to tomorrow night. The pattern is the Mini Einstein Coat by Sally Melville and is published in her book,  Warm Knits, Cool Gifts. The yarn is Plymouth Encore Worsted. Isn't is the cutest!

3 comments:

  1. Saw your link up at Tea Rose Home, this dress is so pretty!! I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little sweater is sooo cute and those fabrics are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little Christmas dress. Isn't it great that it will be in your Christmas memories forever when the photo is taken and you will be able to say to your daughter that you made it for her in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete