background

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sweet Baby Gifts

I have spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks working on gifts. Tis the season!

Note: If your name is Bethany Davis, do not scroll down or your baby shower gift will be spoiled!

I spent yesterday and today on a gift for my precious friend, Bethany who is pregnant with her first baby. She and her husband, Louis are neighbors of ours as well as friends. They had a hard time getting pregnant, and when they finally announced it there was much rejoicing and celebration. We are so excited for them and for their sweet baby boy, Luke, who is due on Valentines Day; the same day I was due with Katie. Last Saturday, I hit up my local quilt fabric shop, Klassy Kats and found some super soft baby flannel in a beautiful aqua blue and a couple of really cute blue, green, and yellow polka print cottons to match. Bethany's mom informed me that she is doing greens and blues and I know she loves cute little owls, so I came up with this blanket and set of burp cloths. The burp cloths are from a free pattern I found on You Can Make This and I love them. I wish I had found this pattern when I was sewing things for Caleb because they fit very comfortably over your shoulder, yet give you a lot of coverage for spit ups and other various baby emissions.



I also knitted this little hat (sorry the pic is upside down but Blogger would not let me upload the right side up pic for some reason). The yarn is the same as what I'm planning for a Baby Surprise Jacket that I should be finishing up in time for little Luke to wear it home from the hospital.






2 comments:

  1. Awww! Too adorable. I am so loving these gifts. I would love for you to stop by Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & share this!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! What a wonderful pattern!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete