background

Monday, September 20, 2010

As Requested

Many of you know how I love a good recipe, and some of you may know that I love love love fall. However, many of you may not know my appreciation for the awesomeness of breakfast food. Here is a recipe that combines all three. So, without further ado and as requested from several facebook friends, my recipe for Pumpkin Waffles.

You will need your baking mix of choice (Bisquick, Pioneer, etc) and the ingredients as directed on the box for waffles.
Extras:
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 can of pureed pumpkin

Measure out your dry mix as instructed on the box. After you have done that, stir in the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then add your wet ingredients as instructed on the box. After the batter is mixed together, add the whole can of pumpkin. Heat up your waffle iron and cook as directed by the manufacturer. Top with your topping of choice. I just like plain old butter and maple syrup, but I'm sure whipped cream and pecans would be awesome on these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment