background

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Actually Knit a Gauge Swatch... Two, Really

What's this?
Gasp... it's two gauge swatches for this Sally Melville vest from her book Warm Knits Cool Gifts

 Sally wore the vest version of the green colorway during the class I took a couple of weeks ago and I just knew I had to knit one. These pics from the book do not do it justice. It is so cute and made to be very flattering to the female form. I decided to go with a vest because I am very hot natured and with Memphis having a relatively short winter season, I figured I would get more wear out of a vest. This is my first fitted garment attempt for myself in years. I have done a cardigan and a vest and they both were miserable failures. However, after taking Sally's class, I have a new found confidence that I can make a garment that fits and is flattering to my feminine shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment