background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Keeping Ahead of the Blahs

Not feeling too great today. It's probably due to the not-so-wonderful air quality we are experiencing here in the Memphis area. However, I did get off the couch and do a little sewing something to prevent the blahs from coming my way. I have been knitting a ton and should have Caleb's birthday cardigan to show you soon. Knitting, though it is my passion, unfortunately is not as quickly gratifying as sewing. So, when I feel a case of the blahs coming on, the best medicine is the whip something up. This little peasant top is made from a plaid shirt I found at the thrift store. I used a couple of different patterns as a guide, but really it was all me. I made the sleeves at a 3/4 length for both fall and spring and the length is more of a tunic length which I think is super cute with little bootcut jeans.

6 comments:

  1. Aww! How sweet! Excellent work!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie!
    I hope to see you next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi This is darling! I wish I had one in my size ( -:
    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to link up at A Crafty Soiree... the linky party I co-host on Thursdays at www.yesterdayontuesday.com
    xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! My daughter would enjoy a shirt like that, and I agree, they look super cute with jeans! Funny, I have some knitting to do that is also not inspiring me at the moment either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say that I was visiting from Crafty Soiree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy you joined the party... love your project. i'd totally wear the grown up version!

    ReplyDelete