background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winding Yarn

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who winds hanks of beautiful yarn by hand. It almost gives me a sense of connection with my project. It makes actually starting it even better by building up anticipation. On her blog A Friend to Knit With, this girl has described a great way to wind your yarn by hand and multi-task by putting the hank around your neck and sticking the ball in your pocket! I am so doing this next time. I do have a couple of hanks of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock that I have been staring at for almost 2 years now. Although I do enjoy the beauty of unwound hand died yarn (I'm the same way with new fabric), it does seem like it's time to put them to good use on my feet. Plus, that gives me space for more beautiful yarn to enjoy. Here's some pics from Etsy:

Beautiful pink and purple from qtrhorse
 
Loving these colors! from Knitting like crazy



I love how this kind of looks like pink lemonade. From Sqwish (isn't that the perfect name for a yarn shop?)

No comments:

Post a Comment