background

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bumblebee

This afternoon, I was wandering around my local Joanne, where I teach knitting classes, and found some super cute black and yellow fabric that I knew would go perfectly with some large scraps I had saved for Katie. So, I picked up the fabric, some black bias tape and a pack of black "jumbo" ric-rac, and rushed home to whip up this little dress for Katie to wear to church in the morning. I have enough fabric left to make some matching ruffle pants for the, can't come soon enough, fall layering. Yellow and black is one of my favorite color combinations. Kinda reminds me of cute little bumblebees.

The main fabric is Keepsake Calico prints from Joanne and the contrast fabric is by Timeless Treasures. The pattern is the Popover Sundress available for free from the Oliver and S blog. Overall, this dress cost me about six or seven dollars to make, including the free pattern. Who doesn't love a bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment