background

Monday, February 1, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplins

I LOVE chicken and dumplins, so today I decided I would use the left-over roast chicken from last night and make some. However, it does require a lot of standing over the stove time during cooking, which is not very convenient for me because my babies are waking up from naps around 5 pm. That leaves me tied up changing diapers, filling sippy cups, bottle feeding, etc. I thought about it, and came up with an easy and very very yummy way to make chicken and dumplins in the crock pot. If you do not have a leftover roast chicken, you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli. This recipe makes about 4-5 servings, but you will probably want to double it if you are going to be serving four or more. It's one of those things that you have to have seconds of!

Chop up 1/2 onion and 2 stalks of celery. Place in crock pot with some baby carrots. Add leftover chicken (I just pull it apart and throw it in). Pour in one 32 oz. carton of chicken broth. Cook on Low setting for 5 hours.
Make dumplins. I use Pioneer mix. It tastes the best. Bisquick is good too. Mix 2 cups of mix with about a teaspoon or two of poultry seasoning. Stir in 2/3 cup of milk. Scoop out by the spoonful and roll around in all purpose flour. Place in crockpot with chicken and veggies. Cook on high for an additional 30-40 minutes until dumplins are fluffy and slightly firm.

These were the best I have ever made, and my husband loves them! We have both had a cold for the past few days, so this was very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment